The job of an antioxidant compound is to neutralize dangerous free radicals in your body. Free radicals that are formed in the fat or lipid sections of the body are handled by the fat-soluble antioxidants. Those that are formed in the watery or aqueous sections of your body are handled by the water-soluble antioxidants.*
GNC Herbal Plus Bilberry Extract with Lutein, 60 Capsules per Bottle, Supports Eye and Vision Health
- FORMULATED FOR EYE HEALTH & VISION: Once-daily herbal supplement from the science-driven experts at GNC
- 10mg LUTEMAX 2020: A lutein that supports eye contrast sensitivity, visual function under conditions of glare, photo stress recovery and more. Lutein is also an important carotenoid present in the macula or central area of the retina
- 100mg BILBERRY: Provides dietary support for enhanced blood circulation
- ANTIOXIDANTS: Protect the body against free radicals
- *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Lutein is a naturally present substance in every person's eyes. It is classified as a carotenoid. Carotenoids are plant pigments that fall under the category of phytonutrients. They are special, complex substances that give pigment to fruits, vegetables, and plants. Lutein specifically is known to best absorb extra excess light energy to prevent plant damage from the sun.